Apart from the abundance of new courses and the upgraded interface, there are several other significant changes in this version. These include:
- Added a widget that allows for quick access to the app's most useful features.
- The addition of a star rating system to the app's study recommendations, allowing users to rate and review courses they've taken or are taking.
- Ability to leave a review after every single video in a course, allowing users to provide more detailed feedback about the videos they've watched.
- Introduced the concept of a Favorites list, allowing users to save courses and videos they find particularly useful or relevant to their studies.
- Introduced a new way of displaying video content, allowing users to see video thumbnails next to text in a review.
- Introduced the concept of a Course Card, which is basically just a fancy wallpaper that users can select and customize as a background for their courses. The Course Card is organized into a grid, with the icons of all the courses a user has enrolled in. Cards can be downloaded from the app's main menu.
- New icons and a new font have been added to the app's main menu, giving it a fresh coat of paint.
If you're a student, then Canvas is one of the best apps available for studying. From the moment that you download it, you'll see why – not only do you get all the benefits of a personalized learning environment, but you also get access to more than 300 courses from the best academic institutions in the world. While it might be difficult to choose which among the many courses to take, don't fret – with so much content at your fingertips, studying should be a breeze.